Not only do we encourage with our time and words, we encourage through little acts of service. In a way I suppose this fits in with giving of your time, but I would clarify by defining it as the doing of an act with idea of encouraging another.
- finishing a project around the house for your spouse
- helping with a move
- cleaning for your neighbor
- volunteering to working with your child’s teacher in her classroom
- taking your sister’s kids for a time so she can be without being mom too
- making supper for a friend and bring it to her home
Acts of service, giving of what you can do for another, shows them they are important. Aiding others through acts of service lifts them, supports them. That, my friends, is encourage.
To see a list of all the posts in this October’s Write 31 Day Challenge head to the Write 31 Days page on the Inspire To Simple site.
DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading!